Started Oct 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carnivore99
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Color Space basics
Oct 1, 2011

I've been shooting as a hobby for so long and have such decent gear I feel like I should know this stuff by now, but I'm still not totally clear so the only way I'll learn is to ask...

• Do you shoot in sRGB or Adobe RGB color space?

• Do you edit in sRGB, Adobe RGB or calibrated monitor color space?

• Do you convert mismatched or missing profiles to your preferred working color space or use the embedded one?

• If you're using a calibrated monitor profile as your color space do you embed that into the image when you save it?

• How do you match your working color space to your printer output? Especially if you're using a calibrated monitor profile as your color space?

These questions have finally come to a breaking point for me because i'm trying to print an image with a lot of grey in it but it looks too purple on my Canon printer and too green from the photo lab using the same file.

I have an Eye1 display 2 calibration device for my monitor which should hopefully help me get the color right, but I'm not sure if I understand how to get that accurate color to print correctly once I've calibrated my display.

Thanks for any constructive advice.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow