ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
breth
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
teleconverters, digital zoom, zoom lenses
Oct 1, 2011

Hello all,

I've been reading a bit about this and am having problems deciding how to use the information with relation to an issue I have with the purchase of a future camera.

Some time next year I will have to decide what lens, or lenses, to buy upon entering the world of Micro Four Thirds. One of the ranges I need to cover is around 300-600mm., and I need this without the use of a tripod.

I see, for example, that there are 100-300mm. lenses for this system, but it seems that there is nothing higher, unless I use some sort of lens adapter. And this starts to look a bit cumbersome. On the other hand, I've been seeing posts from people who are getting nice shots using the digital zoom on their MFT camera, getting to 600mm. equivalent focal length.

I'd like to understand more clearly what my options are to get this range, and their pros and cons. I don't need to do prints, but just cropping or post processing is not an option - I would like to frame the shot in real time. So basically what I'm looking for is ease of use, willing to compromise some image quality, and saving money. Also, most of my shots are done in good light.

The subject matter of this range is not wildlife, but travel shots, mostly people. I would really like to get into the MFT system, and not go for a small sensor superzoom.
Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow