Thank you James Dylan Goldstein

Started Sep 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
Biggs23
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,573Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank you James Dylan Goldstein
In reply to lonewolf69, Oct 1, 2011

I just want to step back a second and make it clear that it was not and is not my goal to be offensive or to insult you. I think that there has been some misunderstanding right from the get go. The majority of my comments concerning 'issues that aren't really issues' were directed at the OP from the other thread, not at you. So while I'm going to address your post below, I want to be clear that I'm not accusing you of being unfair as a whole or of being a 'Sony-basher'.

lonewolf69 wrote:

So yes, these are my complaints especially for the my use and the LACK of lenses (cheaper alternatives) really hurts...

This is where you and I disagree. In my opinion, between Sony glass, Minolta glass, and 3rd party glass there is plenty of lens options at most price points. Besides tilt shift and extremely long glass I believe the Sony lineup is pretty robust and has multiple price tiers for entry. While I do buy what I believe will be best for my business, I also believe that another user could spend significantly less on glass and still get great results.

Every example that I have given are true issue that I have personally experienced. I just trying to understand why you're trying to knock me down for agreeing partially to what James was trying to say. I'm not arrogant, I'm not exagerating and I'm certainly expressing myself clearly and without insulting anyone about my thoughts on how SONY can be improved.

Right, and there is NOTHING wrong with that! There's nothing wrong with criticizing Sony or their products. The issue I had with James was that he admitted to only having owned a dSLR for a very brief time but made overreaching assertions concerning the brand's viability for discriminating users, of which I am one. It wasn't the criticism itself that was inflammatory, it was his opinion that he knew more than those of us with more knowledge and experience.

IMHO I truly believe there is a LENS lineup issue and I UNDERSTAND and RESPECT that you don't believe so because to you, every lens you want is available to you and at a price YOUR willing to pay.

Well, not quite. Ideally I'd like to have a 300 f/2, but it doesn't exist and the f/2.8 is not at a price I'm willing to pay.

I still can't believe you're still arguing with me about how my experience in the real world with my VAST inventory of SONY dSLR equipment,...

I'm not, actually.

I'm sorry if I insulted you in any way because it wasn't personal but don't you dare argue about my personal experience and my opinions. I didn't BASH SONY so there was no need for you to jump down my throat and I truly do SEE how many percieve that this board is over reacting to anyone who has ANY negative opinions about SONY.

Like I said, I don't care if you bash Sony. Trust me, I have PLENTY of complaints about the company. Issue number one for me is their failure to provide ANY pro-level support. Ugh.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow