Great concept ... flawed execution?

Started Sep 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
dgreene196
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Re: Neither
In reply to rhlpetrus, Sep 30, 2011

rhlpetrus wrote:

A good concept very well implemented, if you consider the public Nikon is aiming this at. Only price is out of sync IMO, but that will get adjusted. It's not for enthusiasts waiting for a ML Nikon to substitute the smaller dlsrs. That will come later, in the APS-C ML system, not too far away in the future I think.

I suspect that the second generation of the Nikon 1 system will offer a model more carefully targeted at enthusiasts. But will the enthusiasts already have obtained m4/3, Sony, or Samsung alternatives by that point?

I also suspect that any APS-C or larger mirrorless created by Nikon will retain the F-mount, which, while great for offering backward compatibility to their substantial collection of lenses, will make it essentially impossible to create lenses and bodies as compact as their competitors from Sony and Samsung. For those intrigued by compact/portable aspect of the mirrorless camera systems, Nikon's higher-end offerings will likely be disappointing.

dgreene196's gear list:dgreene196's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow