Started Sep 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael W00d
Contributing MemberPosts: 798
Like?
A77 Problem - Shutter Locks Up
Sep 30, 2011

I don’t know whether this has already been reported but I’ve found a quirk of the A77 shutter release that could cause concern if one isn’t expecting it. I don’t recall it happening with the A700.

Today I was shooting with 2 second delay. Eventually I turned the camera off. When I turned the camera back on all seemed well but then I found the shutter wouldn’t fire. I tried various things several times, including switching on/off and taking out the battery and waiting a minute before re-inserting it. The problem persisted.

I always work in Memory Recall (MR) with pre-saved settings, all of which have single shooting mode. Eventually I found that if I changed to 2 sec delay, the shutter would release. Then on selecting single shooting, all was well again.

I haven’t tried the other drive modes, but it appears that if you shut the camera off having changed the release mode and then do a MR re-start that contains the original release mode, the camera shutter will lock up.
Hope that helps.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow