Do you think before shooting?

Started Sep 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
Martin Setvak
Contributing MemberPosts: 500Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you think before shooting? / timelapsing
In reply to Baxter Bad, Sep 30, 2011

When timelapsing clouds - yes, in most of the cases I do a sort of "nowcasting" (a meteorological term describing very-short-term forecasts, up to about 2 hours ahead). Estimating ahead what the clouds will do in next minutes or couple of hours, analyzing their slow motion and development before starting the sequence, motion of the Sun, avoiding people stepping in front of the timelapsing camera ... these are some of the "musts" for me. However, some of my best timelapse sequences are just a result of pure improvisation, when something (a storm, cloud wave, ...) began to evolve "without a warning" and I just grabbed one of my cameras, tripod and intervalometer, and with a big deal of luck I managed to capture it ... Probably the best examples of such improvisation are some of my last and this year's storms, some of them just spectacular. But: is it still an "improvisation" if I carry one of my GX100, tripod and some other accessories in my backpack most of the time?

-- hide signature --

Martin Setvak, Kodak P880 & (2x) Ricoh GX100
http://www.setvak.cz/timelapse/

Martin Setvak's gear list:Martin Setvak's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow