Started Sep 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
modenaboy
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
NEX-5N with Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 Screw Mount
Sep 30, 2011

Just received a Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 for my NEX-5N. Unfortunately no shots yet, just some awful test snaps late tonight inside after I received the lens. I'm using the Fotodiox (non pro) L39 screw mount adapter - I meant to order the Fotodiox Pro L39, but mistakenly ordered the non-pro. It seems fine though, excellent fit on both sides.

I bought the screw mount (older version) instead of the newer M Mount version for a few reasons - I haven't been able to find the new one in stock anywhere, but the old one is so beautiful I couldn't resist. I was also interested in trying the screw mount (L39) out of curiosity...

Here's some snaps of the lens on the camera:

Some background on my experience with VC lenses on the NEX - I typically shoot the VC 35 or 40 f/1.4 or the 75 f/1.8 using either a Hawk helicoid adapter or the Voigtlander adapter (the Fotodiox Pro works great too). These are all M mount. They are pretty awesome, I really like using them on the NEX, in fact I never shoot the NEX with any other lenses.

For wide angle, I've previously used the 15mm on my NEX-5, which had purple vignetting on the corners, and required shooting RAW and using CornerFix to correct (which worked great - I posted some pics in a thread with the results a few months back).

The Voigtlander 15mm seems to work much better on the NEX-5N, some JPG test shots I took didn't have the vignette issue, but I haven't gone out and shot the same subjects in the same light to really be sure. However it seems very promising, so I bought the 12mm as well, and will give it a spin shooting some buildings and wide scenes as soon as I can.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow