What makes me HATE the French? Here you go....

Started Sep 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WoodMaven
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,985
Like?
What makes me HATE the French? Here you go....
Sep 30, 2011

Since the other thread is full, I'll enrich the board with some anecdotes of mine - mind you, these are absolutely true:

I was standing in front of a McDonald's (yes, they have them in Paris) on a very rainy day. I was standing close to the building to keep out of the rain and was looking to get across the "Rue de SomethingOrOther", 6 lanes of French drivers all heading to the Arch de'SomethingElse to get to a record shop on the other side. In front of that store was an old lady sitting on the sidewalk trying to get up. She pushed herself up on one hand but slid on the slippery stoop (looked like marble). I ran across the street and got to her just as she was trying again to get up and caught her as she again slipped and almost fell. She was fragile and I was afraid I might have pulled her arm out of the socket. But, she gave me a few merci's when she finally got to her feet. The point? There were a half dozen men surrounding her, arms crossed, just watching her fall on her behind. Typical Frogs. No help there! They are so class-less they won't even help their own.

LeRentier - I am SOOOO glad you started this subject.....

I hope you are happy living among such as these.

-- hide signature --

Wilhelm

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow