Problem: Sony TruBlack anti reflection glare lcd display screen film coating failure?

Started Sep 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,219Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem: Sony TruBlack anti reflection glare lcd display screen film coating fail
In reply to Masterbrew, Sep 30, 2011

Masterbrew wrote:

rrfischer wrote:

It does protect and reduces glare wonderfully. The problem is that its way too fragile. With Sony's own protector, the LCD, as a screen, is a nice mirror. With only the TruBlack film, it's amazingly good.

I whole heartedly disagree. I've been barebacking for months now. There isn't a scratch on the glass and because there are no fingerprints, the clarity in sun light is better. It has been a clear improvement and I can only recommend it.

Mine scratched pretty early on, but now, the delamination is pretty noticeable. But, I can tell that the part that still has the coating is better -- more anti-glare, higher contrast, etc. But as it wears off, and part is one way and part another, it is a bit distracting.

I don't know that I have the courage to peel this hard layer off and replace it like DK's job. Maybe I'll try adding a film on top. Not sure which one to try.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow