K-5 book query

Started Sep 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,602Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5 book query
In reply to tpau, Sep 29, 2011

tpau wrote:

What I had in mind is probably more substantial than the Magic Lantern books. The a580 one is a few pages short of 500. It costs $23 as a downloadable ebook.

So it probably depends on the final product to some extent. It does take quite some time to do these things.

I recently paid the $14.95 fee to download Yvon's obviously flawed PDF book (inexcusable typos.spelling errors on the very first page). I haven't really had the time to go through the book, yet, but from what I've seen it's got a bit of explanation and example not found in the Pentax manual that makes it worth having.

All the same, I'd LOVE to have a more professional book that has actually been proofread and edited, and appears to have had more serious thought put into it. A 500-page e-book of this nature would likely be worth $23 -- especially based on paying $15 for what Yvon offers!
Jeff

-- hide signature --

May the Blessings Be.

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BookNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow