Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Doug MacMillan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,795Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you ever been a Pro?
In reply to chiane, Sep 29, 2011

chiane wrote:

You sound like a different person in this post, almost saintly. And no, not a wedding photographer.

Jekyll and Hyde. Mostly Dr. Jekyll, but you push me out of the way when I'm trying to get the money shot I was paid to get, I'll stand my ground. I can think of only a few instances where I showed my dark side, I'm certainly not a bad a* .

I was mostly a commercial/industrial photographer, weddings were more of a side job. Maybe that's why I had good experiences, I didn't accept every customer who showed up for a consult. Early in my career I learned that certain customers were hard to work with and ultimately unprofitable.

Wedding photography is a hard way to make a living. I ultimately went back to school and got a second degree and changed professions. I get paid well enough that I can pursue my interests in photography at a purely amateur level.

Doug MacMillan's gear list:Doug MacMillan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow