Started Sep 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,906Gear list
Like?
Being dressed down as a host @AlexBakerPhotos
Sep 29, 2011

I am going through my entries for "Where I went this Summer" and I see this from AlexBakerPhotos:

writing this comment in the caption is SILLY and INSULTING to the members of DP review. Also there is a Title, a Description and a Technical Description box but no CAPTION box - so there is no way to know where the comments should go.

(he wrote that in the caption box)

First, I am sorry I called the description box a caption box. Of course, many photo editing programs also call it a description AFAIK.

but here is the bottim line:

If you don't like the rules, don't enter. Also, why don't you spend 20 hours deciding on a theme, writing rules that make sense and then have someone chew YOU out and see how if feels.

I get chewed out because I don't have ENOUGH rules, too much rules, because I have to DQ for people ignoring the rules and that just sucks. Alex, if I made you angry with my rules, I am sorry. But; Alex Baker, fix your entry or I will wait until voting starts to DQ your entry. This job doesn't pay enough to take thi kind of abuse and some of you guys are getting on my last nerve.

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike
Layer 2: Know and follow the rules of the road
Layer 3: Ride in the smartest lane position
Layer 4: Manage hazards skillfully
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection.

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow