ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Olivier Lamborelle
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
From 400D to 60D or 7D; questions
Sep 29, 2011

Dear all,

I own a 400D since January 2007; with old kit lens 18-55mm, and now also with Sigma 30mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8.

1) I am considering upgrading the body and/or buying the Canon 15-85mm; possibly at the same time, for starting with one of the two...

2) I am looking at 600D, 60D, 7D.

What I look forward by upgrading:

• better ISO performance than my 400D

• better autofocus

• better viewfinder

• better handling

Therefore, I leave out the 600D.

Nice to have are the movable display of the 60D, and the fact it is one year younger than 7D.

I am sometimes tempted to go for the 7D ("to be sure") but since I am not especially sport or wildlife photographer, I can probably live happily with the 60D. This would also help the budget.

I have been playing with 60D and 7D in a shop recently, and the only annoying point was the grip of the 60D. In the shop, it was coming off. I understand this is something that can be fixed by Canon if it happens, and maybe it was limited to the first batch. But even more annoying: the rubber of the 60D gave me the impression to be sticky (not very nice feeling) and got warm in the hand after a few minutes.

This was quite different from the rubber of the 7D, which remained "cool" even after a few minutes in my hands.

I wonder if other people have the same feeling.

It sounds overdone to put 300-400 hundreds euros more just for that feeling (as I don't really need the additional features of the 7D) but if it is to stick with that bad feeling everyday... mmh..

Any advice welcome! Thanks...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow