ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hardrockbama
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nex 5 Audio Issues
Sep 27, 2011

Hi All,

We primarily take rock concert photos and videos in low light situations. We had a T200, which took terrible photos and decent video. I bought the Nex5 as a formidable upgrade and took it on our first concert over the weekend. It is compact enough that it doesn't draw any attention getting in the gate at most venues, unlike a micro 4/3 or a true dslr. The photos we took with the 18-55 were great and we are very pleased with the low light performance. Some of the photos are unreal with only the 3x optical zoom. Our biggest issue was while taking videos. We were close to the stage, but the bass completely ruined the sound of our videos. The quality of the video itself is wornderful, but the cutting out of every bass beat killed the audio on our videos. I wish I could take the mic from the T200 and insert it into the Nex. Would the external Mic offered by Sony solve the bass distortion issue? Any advice is appreciated, as I'm 3 months into this camera and the one thing we bought it for it has partially failed.

I'm not that into buying a stand alone recorder and post processing the video and audio together.

1. 1 - Most events will be on the lookout for actual video cameras and sound recorders. We can usually get away with a compact camera like this.

2. 2 - What happened to the Mic performance for this high end point and shoot? My old T200 has a better mic than the Nex?

Do I have any options here? I would take it back, but it's been too long and even the low price of the NEX compared to dslr was a large investment for us. I'm very disappointed, as I thought I had researched this and up pops a problem, grr... Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow