Started Sep 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamesCarruthers
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
Seduced by my G3 — first batch
Sep 27, 2011

Since replacing my trusty Fuji 602Z with a Canon 20D in 2004 I had slowly lost my love of photography. Lugging that thing around with me started to become a chore. When it needed replacing earlier in the year I got a 60D and for a few weeks I got excited again but it still fizzled out. I have some fantastic glass for my Canon including a couple of L lenses but it mainly gets used when I have a "job" to do so always feels like "work"

I realised a few months ago that I needed to start taking photos again and as it happened a camera captured my imagination— the G3. It seemed to fit my desires perfectly.

I bought one a few weeks back knowing I would be going to Spain and it was the perfect opportunity to use it. I got suckered by the 20mm 1.7 in duty free at the airport on the way there and that's all I've been using since.

I don't quite think I've got my eye back but the main thing is that the camera has totally seduced me back in to photography. I am carrying it pretty much everywhere with me and am enjoying the freedom.

Here's my first batch from that holiday—

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamescarruthers/sets/72157627644595185/

James
--
Former SLR junkie, m43 convert.

JamesCarruthers's gear list:JamesCarruthers's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow