Started Sep 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
George Evans
Senior MemberPosts: 1,585
Like?
A77 at Chester Zoo (Large Images)
Sep 27, 2011

I've had my get to know you session with the A77 at Southport shooting in RAW so today I visited Chester Zoo to shoot in RAW + JPEG (I'll bank the RAW files for later use) and had a brilliant day. The camera is a joy to use and the layout is now becoming second nature.

Because I was shooting in RAW + JPEG the JPEG's are not extra fine but when I saw them on my monitor straight out of camera the detail blew me away and when we get RAW support the images should be better still.

I got many more keepers than I was getting from the A700 and I've posted a few of them below. They were taken at either ISO 200 or 400, all in A priority, pattern metering, AWB and have had some mild noise reduction with Topaz Denoise, levels adjusted and mild sharpening.

The in camera JPEG setting was Neutral with color, contrast and sharpness set to 0 but the AWB, like the A700 has resulted in warm colors.

I haven't put the images up for C&C, but just for the joy of using the A77. I'm sorry to hear that some owners are having problems but keep the faith. I'm sure all will be OK.

Mandevil Baboon

Mongoose

And everyone's favourite Meercat

George Evans
http://www.wirralpix.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow