Started Sep 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluehighwayman
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
NEC p221w
Sep 27, 2011

Just got this awesome monitor from NEC for $199US! I haven't even calbrated it yet and the color and printing are miles beyond my SRGB monitor. Movies look great and even games run fine on this screen. It's a refurbished model with a 1 year warranty. I don't mind refurbished as I bought a refurbished Epson R1800 in 2005 that's still prints excellently and has never had a problem. Running on an I7 2600 3.4 processor, an Asus EAH6870 video card, 8 gigs of ram and window 7 pro 64 bit. When I first turned on the screen I was a bit disappointed but realized it was using a windows driver so I installed the latest NEC driver for the monitor and that made a 100% improvement. I can't wait to calibrate it to see it improve even more. Yes I understand working with wide gamut screens. Yes I can see the difference between the SRGB color space and the ARGB color space on this monitor in photoshop cs5. Actually with the calibration software and hardware (also purchased from NEC) the total price with shipping and tax came to $520.30 US. Will never go back to a strictly SRGB monitor again!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow