Started Sep 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,935
Like?
A77 First Impressions
Sep 27, 2011

I know there has been some negative views in terms of ISO etc, however I I got my A77 last Friday and only got chance yesterday to have a serious play with it.

I have been to Edinburgh and taken a few hundred shots so I will see what the IQ is like when I get them downloaded.

Having had a Canon 7D and 5Dmk2, this camera had a lot to live up to. In the main it ticks most of the boxes. Also remember it takes time to get the feel for the camera etc.

I love the EVF, yes you can "just" tell it's electronic but it's large bright and almost no tearing when panning.

I thnk it's very slightly slower to operate in general than say the Canon 7D, but that's not a real issue for me after all we are talking millii seconds.

The EVF takes about half a second to spring into life when you put the camera to your eye.
Because I use reading glasses I like reviewing the images through the EVF.

Overall I am more than pleased with the camera handling but the acid test will the IQ and ISO performance, however my expectations are realistic.

Unless you are expecting pro performance I think you will be more than happy. Real world usage is more than good and I am sure most enthusiasts will be very happy with it's performance, it's not the perfect camera but it's more than good enough for most!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow