Making a 3D Bloggie 3D Video

Started Sep 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jamon47
Regular MemberPosts: 447
Like?
Re: A good 3D lens on a single (large) sensor camera?
In reply to Markr041, Sep 27, 2011

So yes, you need two sensors and two lenses if you want the highest quality given foreseeable technologies.

I am sure that pros want the HIGHEST quality, but I don't... just High-Quality would be fine with me

There are a number of very good 2D compact cameras that deliver full 1080x1920 video frame from a single sensor ranging in size from 1/1.7” to 1/2.4” and measuring between 28 sqr mm and 43 sqr mm. (ex: Canon S100, Panasonic ZS10, Sony HX5)

An APS-C sensor is approximately 16Mpx on 370 sqr mm and a 4/3 sensor is approximately 12Mpx on 225 sqr mm, each represents a much larger (approx 8 to 13 times larger) area than the 1/1.7” to 1/2.4” sensors.

If a two-lenses-sharing-a-single-sensor design results in each individual field covering (lets say) 35% of the whole sensor, that would leave each field with 129 sqr mm and 78 sqr mm, for the APS-C and 4/3 respectively, which is again a much larger area that the 28 to 43 sqr mm of the 1/1.7” to 1/2.4 sensors.

If the later can deliver a 1080x1920 video frame, why wouldn't the two other much larger sensors not be able to do the same (and better) for each field? The camera knows that there is a 3D lens attached so it knows exactly what area of the large sensor each field covers. Wouldn't it be possible to program the image processor to process a full 1080x1920 video frame from the “large” area that each field covers?

Wouldn't that result in High Quality, full 1080 3D video (and 3D photo), from a single “large” sensor shared by two lenses?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow