WHy is dpr showing such poor quality raw shots for the A77?

Started Sep 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike_2008
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,635Gear list
Like?
WHy is dpr showing such poor quality raw shots for the A77?
Sep 27, 2011

I'm starting to wonder what is going on here. I see the A77 studio comparison shots, and with jpeg iso3200 the A77 wipes the damn floor compared with the 7D and D7000, much better performance.

Then I look at the raws and they suck . Why? because they are using a crappy alpha version convertor from adobe. Why are they doing this? They know people make decisions on what to buy using such tools, so releasing such poor images is producing a real lasting impression on the perception of the a77. Just look at the comments.

I compared the nikon d7000 jpeg and raw a77 jpeg and raw, and they are mirror images, with the A77 jpeg much better than the A77 raw, and the D7000 raw much better than the D7000 jpeg.

It's a very effective way of making the A77 look bad, and undeservedly so, based on the quality of the jpegs. Why dpr do this is beyond me, if the raw conversion is not ready, simply don't use it.
--
IQ is not judged exclusively by high iso noise performance

mike_2008's gear list:mike_2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow