Shutter release when tethered in LR3.3

Started Apr 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
westerner
Contributing MemberPosts: 849Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter release when tethered in LR3.3
In reply to Cultured Woman, Sep 27, 2011

The only drawback to tethered shooting is that you must have the very fastest laptop to get it to work for fast shooting. I had my cam set up at a dance recital this way, thinking that it would be great to not have to worry about memory cards filling up. With the younger, slower dancers things were fine, since I was shooting every 4-6 seconds, but the further into the shoot, when the older, faster dancers started performing, the camera froze up because the buffer was full and still writing the RAW files to the hard drive. Mind you, I was shooting 20-25 frames a minute at times, but it was frustrating to have to wait for the images to finish writing, then disconnect the camera and start shooting to the CF card. Tethered shooting is fine for normal usage, but worthless for rapid shooting situations, where I personally needed it most (shot 6000 images during the recital and had to use CF cards for most of it). BTW, my computer has Intel I-5 processor and 7200 RPM hard drive, but could not keep up with my shooting pace
--
K.B.

westerner's gear list:westerner's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow