Started Sep 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,958Gear list
Like?
Corrida de toros (Bullfighting)
Sep 26, 2011

Before I show these images I thought it prudent to preface them with some narrative. I am a firm believer that some things need to be seen to form an opinion on them. I went to a Bullfight in order to better understand what is involved and form my own opinion on this tradition. I make no judgement on the Spanish people for what I saw, particularly as I come from a country that finds it acceptable to breed game birds, force them into the air only to shoot them down. The spectacle I saw is both fascinating and horrific at the same time. My own personal opinion is that it is a barbaric activity that belongs in the past. I took these images as a documentary of what I saw. I deliberately processed them in a film style, adding grain and a film look, as I think it suited the subject and emphasises where I feel this tradition belongs, in the past. Some people may find one or two of the images disturbing so if you are of a sensitive disposition then I advise you not to look at them. I kept the worst on my hard drive.

Co-incidentally, I have just read that Bullfighting is being banned in Catalonia, so it looks like the tide is turning against it in Spain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15050706

I will post the images in my next post under this one. They were all shot using the GH2 and 14-140mm lens, some using ETC mode, all in jpeg to keep burst shooting at the faster rate, ISO's usually 640 or 1250.
--
It's a known fact that where there's tea there's hope.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
W.C.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow