Started Sep 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul in New Orleans
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
Bill "Bootstrap" Turner - Our best wishes and prayers
Sep 26, 2011

Yesterday I accidentally logged into Olympus Talk instead of Olympus SLR Talk forum. While there I saw a long thread about Bill Turner's health taking a turn for the worse. A poster named "herebefore" said, "Due to medical discoveries made while treating his pneumonia, Bill has been moved to a Short Term Hospice for Cancer care."

Bill, I never communicated directly with you (my loss), but I have long enjoyed seeing your frequent posts of beautiful photos in color and infrared. I have also agreed with your philosophy of making good use of the equipment you had instead of complaining about the management decisions of Olympus. Back in the days when Olympus was coming out with lots of new DSLR's you always seemed to know when something new was coming out soon, but always said something like, "I'm not saying anything." You were usually correct, too.

I was just looking at one of your fairly recent self-portraits, and you look like a man of very strong character. I hope that you will be able to beat the odds and fool your doctors. Being handicapped myself, I have a lot of sympathy for anyone with serious medical problems. I send you my very best wishes and am remembering you in my prayers.
--
Paul in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.

Paul in New Orleans's gear list:Paul in New Orleans's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow