Started Sep 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
barjohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108Gear list
Like?
Cancelled X10 Order, Here is Why..
Sep 26, 2011

I already own an X100 that is a fantastic camera with a few shortcomings, mainly in manual focus and AF speed. It is certainly past due for another firmware update to address issues that have been identified by we owners. The one area they don't have to touch is image IQ and color which are excellent.

I ordered the X10 because I purchase an Olympus XZ-1 for my wife and there were two things I didn't like. One is the external EVF and the other is the overly aggressive NR that has not been addressed in a firmware update (even in RAW). I thought a camera with a built in view finder and Fuji IQ might be a better choice. After reading about the viewfinder and seeing that it is not much more or better than the G12's and that to get high IQ one must drop to 6MP I decided there just wasn't enough there to justify the high price ($699 on order with Adorama pre order).

Fuji has a top seller in the X100 but they really need to work harder to keep this market addressed and happy or risk falling by the way side. The new Sony NEX 7 has many of the features and more with its only negative being the lack of an OVF.
--
John
Visit my web gallery at:
http://www.barjohn.com/My Photographs/index.html
Comments and critiques welcome.

barjohn's gear list:barjohn's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Leica T Sony Alpha 7 II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
a zNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow