Questions before I join you guys in m43 bliss

Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
Daniel Parrett
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Re: Not too small for me
In reply to DRabbit, Sep 25, 2011

1 Yes they will all work but only the FD will you have apeture control which is very important

2 Yes generally speaking Oly has better Jpegs than Pana. this is very true when talking about Pana. cameras before the G3, that being said i am extreamly happy with the jpegs out of the G3. the colors and tones are great when oyu mess the settings just a little bit( i really like the color rendition when its in the VIVID setting). my GF2 leaves alot to be desired in the Jpeg colors but its still much much better than even my 7D OOC Jpegs

3 Correct.

4 Personnally i think that 20 1.7 is the best pancake on the market at the moment. I have the 14 2.5 and its very small and light there is no mistaking that but 14mm is pretty wide for most shots (and i love wide angles) and the 17 2.8 while a good lens its not as good at the Panasonic lenses at the moment.

5 nope. done in post. not hard to do at all. I think you might like Picasa for things like this. simple, easy, free

6 ????????? every camera i know of gives you flash on and off control.

7 I cant really answer this one but the E-PM1 is a pretty attractive looking body. small, light, and decent proformance

Nrdoshi wrote:

Hi Guys, this forum is super active and awesome, i love it.

Quick questions from a total noobie:

1) I have a few lenses for my canon dslr-- some EF, some EF-s, some FD. Which ones will work on an olympus PEN camera? If you need an adapter, how much do they run usually?

2) I unfortunately dont have the time/skills to do RAW processing so ill be shooting JPEG 90% of the time if not more. Is it true that Olympus generally has more pleasing JPEGs than Panasonic?

3) NEX and Samsung lenses wont work on olympus, but panasonic will right?

4) I want my m43 camera to be really compact...so im thinking E-PM1 with a small prime lens. What's the best bang for your buck pancake prime lens? Im hoping to spend less than 1K for both body and prime lens...also, can anyone take a pic of that setup and show me how truly thin it is?

5) Is it possible to apply art filters after a photo has been taken? Like can you take a normal image and then fool around with it in camera? or do you need to do post-processing for that...

6) The fuji f30 had an awesome function where you could take a photo with flash and without flash...is that possible on any olympus PEN cameras?

7) any regrets for any E-PM1 owners? Do any of you wish you went with the E-PL3 or G3 etc?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock.

-- hide signature --

I shoot mainly landscapes but am trying to learn protraits better. You will find me shooting mainly at night as well as it seems to be the only time that i can get out anymore
--

I shoot mainly landscapes but am trying to learn protraits better. You will find me shooting mainly at night as well as it seems to be the only time that i can get out anymore

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow