Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,792Gear list
Like?
Need critique on first 45mm/f1.8 shots.
Sep 25, 2011

There are a few of my first shots (actually snapshots) with the 45mm/f1.8 on the E-P3. I only had a few minutes so these are just default settings.

The images look a bit soft to begin with. But - please check the right side (right eye area) of each photo.....it looks out of focus or softer to me.

NOTE: the 3rd pic - Molly was running around, and stopped as she passed the window so it's a poor shot - but the right side is more evidenced in this photo.

After noting the right side softness on the LCD, I tried to set the focus more on the right side, but it did not seem to help. I also took a shot of some books - and the titles of the books on the right side was out of focus too. Straight ooc - no post processing.

I am a bit "technically challenged" so could use some help here. Am I doing something wrong - or is the lens not focusing properly. Also I'm still in the beginning learning curve with the E-P3 so it could well be the photographer!

Thank you!

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow