Best inexpensive M-mount adapter?

Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
tesilab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,992Gear list
Like?
Any pictures of shims?
In reply to viking79, Sep 25, 2011

I have yet to see what these shims might look like. I am imagining a paper ring between the lens and the adapter, and having a little trouble imagining changing lenses that way. (I have three lenses sharing a Contax G adapter right now.)

Too bad these solutions don't come die cut from the adapter manufacturers, made out of something thin but more durable than paper. But I guess no one wants to sell their product with a kludgy thing designed to get them closer to perfection as far as infinity.

Or one would think it wouldn't be so hard to manufacture these things more accurately. My Fotodiox focuses my Contax G lenses far past infinity (to quote: "To infinity and beyond!). I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it is an autofocus lens.

viking79 wrote:

My guess is you will need to make a very thin shim that will go under the M mount portion of the adapter between the barrel that moves the M mount a few hundredths or thousandths of an inch from the sensor.

tesilab's gear list:tesilab's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow