Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pedro Dias
Senior MemberPosts: 1,036
Like?
IdImager - what am I missing??
Sep 25, 2011

I'm evaluating the IdImager as a lightweight DAM for my home. So far, its made a nice impression, it took 3 days to index my images (I have a handful) but after that, search is nice and fast, as can be expected from a local database, but I have one huge problem with it: Why on earth is it so hard to edit metadata (IPTC/XMP) ???

It seriously s*cks badly in this area - everything else about it is great, but there is no controlled vocabulary, no easy way for me to create my own keyword trees, and creating metadata sets for a particular job seems clumsy and painful.

I'm curios to learn if this is better in the pro/SQL version or if you need to actually buy something on the side just to manage keywords with. It is if as the IdImager expects you to have tagged images prior to working with them in that software.. sheesh!

Please tell me I am wrong and that I missed some hidden function. I am on my third day of evaluation, and so far, everything else Ive done has impressed me, just not this. And to be frank, when you have hundreds of thousands of images, you WANT a good image tagging capability from your DAM.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow