Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
frank-in-toronto
Contributing MemberPosts: 960
Like?
Re: Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?
In reply to Wheatfield, Sep 25, 2011

Wheatfield wrote:

As a working pro, the two things that ticked me off at weddings were people getting in my way when I was working, and wannabe's with fancy cameras trying to strike up a conversation for any reason.
Ignore the pro, and stay out of his way.

If he is really a pro, we won't give a rat's behind what kind of camera you have, and probably won't even notice you unless you start bugging him.

If he's another wannabe with a nice camera, then doubly you want to stay out of his way and not bug him.

Either way, stay out of his way, and don't think you are being smart by introducing yourself to him.
You aren't being smart by doing so.

I wanted to say that. I'm not a pro at all. But I'm positive no self-respecting pro is even thinking about how Uncle Bob's photos turn out. he knows why he's there. It's to get good shots under any circumstances. He's not there to socialize. Somewhere I read that a paid photographer should be background. Not talk unless necessary. Be 100% on-the-job all the time.

Seriously, your fancy new dslr doesn't interest him. He's got his mind on the product. Not the hardware. and no, don't introduce yourself. take any pictures you like. mindful, that you are a guest and it's not YOUR day.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow