Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,583Gear list
Like?
Re: Bizzare decision, if that is true.
In reply to Jon Rty, Sep 25, 2011

I was looking at equal ISO.....It is about 2/3 of a stop. According to Dxo> According to others, the DR difference seems to be real (and is commendable on the Sony sensors, indeed!) but the noise difference does not seem to be there. May 2/3 of a stop or so yes but not more than that. I repeat: to me m4/3 need not be in the same ballpark as APS-c, it would be unrealistic to want that. What I want is a cam that, well, delivers very good IQ till ISO 800. That are really my personal needs. This cam goes well beyong that which is a bonus.

Second: I want the cam to be small but ergonomically nice. I can take the Gh2 with any lens on it (I don't have the 100-300 btw) on a wriststrap. That is no problem at all. If I lug all my lenses with me, I still only need a small bag. They are small and lightweight.

After that, I want to have a good lenschoice. Apart from MF lenses for macro (larger of course), I can add lots of very good if not excellent native lenses. There is no system that comes close.

So m43 is the system for me for now. If things change drastically, I might switch of course. I don't see it happening in the next 3 years though.

However: a mirrorless APS-H or FF system could be a very nice add-on cam.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LieNew
SoldNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow