Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
jrtrent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,305
Like?
Re: Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?
In reply to VueFinder, Sep 25, 2011

VueFinder wrote:

This is a strange question, but wondering if a DSLR is simply to big and pro to bring to a friends wedding? I am a guest.

Depends on the setting and your knowledge of your friend's attitudes, but I find the idea of photographing sacred ceremonies and their associated celebrations a bit tacky, no matter what the equipment is. Whatever pictures the happy couple wants, if any, they can arrange in advance with a hired photographer or a friend they've asked to take pictures. I've only taken a camera to a wedding once, and that was by the bride's request (though they had a professional photographer for the wedding, she encouraged all guests to take pictures at the reception and asked for copies for her scrapbook). It's a shame that for the comfort of themselves and their guests, couples at some weddings I've been to lately have had to specifically request that no one bring cameras (not everyone likes having a camera pointed at them just because they happen to be at a gathering of some sort).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow