Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,414Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)
In reply to DonParrot, Sep 25, 2011

DonParrot wrote:

frosti7 wrote:

From my perspective, your selling a good camera to purchase the nikon 1 with 10-30 kit - a camera that get its ass kicked by a P&S Olympus XZ-1 (dont forget that oly lens is 2 stops faster)

besides, the new G3 with X 14-42 lens would be a smaller then nikon 1 10-30 combo - and a much more capable camera - at least for me as i consider DOF and swivel screen a much more important features then anything nikon 1 has to offer

So could you please explain me how to get a series of sharp pictures of a any kind of fast moving object moving into your direction, with any µFT camera?

I've got an E-5, a G1 and an E-PL3 - so nibody can say that I want to bash FT/µFT. bur it's somewhat sisappointing that after severa generations of µFt cameras from PanOly it's Nikon who give us the first mirrorless camera with an apparently working C-AF - and do so with their first MILC.

Yeah right, the IQ of µFT is better, there are more lenses available and these lenses may be better and more compact - and you can get shallower DOF with µFT and and and - but all that doesn't help a lot if you can't shoot the subjects you want to, doesn't it?

So, depending on what you want to do, µFT is no option compared to the V1. And - of course - vice versa.
--

Why not - if there's enough space on the sofa...

I agree with you about mFT is not suited very well for fast moving subjects. Not as close ups. Nikon seems to be much better than that. So it depends on what you shoot. If fast moving subjects are important, the Nikon 1 series indeed seems ot be the better choice.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LieNew
SoldNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow