Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LJohnK2
Regular MemberPosts: 402Gear list
Like?
Hello Again...I'm back :)
Sep 25, 2011

Hello to my old Olympus friends and frenemies....

Now that most of the drama around 4/3 vs m4/3 has subsided, I have re-entered the world of the dpreview forms, I think as a generally calmer and nicer fellow that doesn't take his own opinion to serious.

On the heels of many pointless and frustrating debates about the future of 4/3rds vs m4/3rds, in June 2010 or 1 year & 4 months ago I asked how I could close my account and was told I could not....the only way my account activity could cease would be either to stop posting of my own free will (ridiculous option at the time) or to be banned....so clear thinkin' fella that I was....I asked to be banned and it was so. ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=35469232 )

Since that time much has changed in the DSLR world....and I myself went from owning a very extensive table of Olympus bodies and lenses to well... nada....ebayed it all.

I then began a quest for a new system ultimately settling (and I do mean settling) on Nikon. After two new bodies, half a dozen lenses, 2 new RAW editing packages and 14,000 captures ....I'm finally beginning to get some predictable, as opposed to surprise keepers (my Momma never said I was a fast learner).

So, a couple of months ago I began quietly watching the Nikon and Olympus forms from time to time and felt it was time to rejoin the world again...a little wiser and alot broker....changing systems ain't cheap.

Anyway, my whole perspective on what I thought I knew has changed in this transition and I'm looking forward to participating in the forms again.....I see many of the old regulars are still around... John King...even you Goblin and I look forward to what seems like a much better climate that a year and a half ago.

I know this is the Olympus forum but for my return post I hope you can find some enjoyment in a few Nikon captures....and yes I misss Olympus glass waaaay more than I thought I would.

Kind regards
--
LJohnK

"Remember that beer or chocolate can make most bad situations a little better !"

LJohnK2's gear list:LJohnK2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50 Olympus E-510 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow