A77 vs the rest of the bunch -- what to compare?

Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nordstjernen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,176Gear list
Like?
A77 vs the rest of the bunch -- what to compare?
Sep 25, 2011

I have glimpsed trough some treads here where people are comparing the A77 with other cameras. But what is compared, and how? My impression is that some posters don't know what they are comparing, and they don't bother to check fact before posting. Why not ask yourself some questions before stating rigorous conclutions, like:

What quality jpg files? Which in-camera settings? Jpg compression artifacts? Any post processing? Really sharp or slightly out of focus? What about camera shake? And what about over all contrast, tonal curve contrast, color, dynamic range, ect.? Also, and very important, what about exposure? The reflective light metering systems of any SLR/SLT is just averaging the reading, so the exposure for pictures that are compared might vary more than oven full EV step. Or are some forum posters just looking for noise, since this is the only aspect of image quality they are able to see for themselves?

Also, how is my computer screen? How does the files print? How do they look post processed and scaled? etc.

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow