Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nrdoshi
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Questions before I join you guys in m43 bliss
Sep 25, 2011

Hi Guys, this forum is super active and awesome, i love it.

Quick questions from a total noobie:

1) I have a few lenses for my canon dslr-- some EF, some EF-s, some FD. Which ones will work on an olympus PEN camera? If you need an adapter, how much do they run usually?

2) I unfortunately dont have the time/skills to do RAW processing so ill be shooting JPEG 90% of the time if not more. Is it true that Olympus generally has more pleasing JPEGs than Panasonic?

3) NEX and Samsung lenses wont work on olympus, but panasonic will right?

4) I want my m43 camera to be really compact...so im thinking E-PM1 with a small prime lens. What's the best bang for your buck pancake prime lens? Im hoping to spend less than 1K for both body and prime lens...also, can anyone take a pic of that setup and show me how truly thin it is?

5) Is it possible to apply art filters after a photo has been taken? Like can you take a normal image and then fool around with it in camera? or do you need to do post-processing for that...

6) The fuji f30 had an awesome function where you could take a photo with flash and without flash...is that possible on any olympus PEN cameras?

7) any regrets for any E-PM1 owners? Do any of you wish you went with the E-PL3 or G3 etc?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow