First impression pf A77 + some disappointment < Sony fix it!

Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wilf
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
First impression pf A77 + some disappointment < Sony fix it!
Sep 25, 2011

I've been using Sony DSLR since A100, then A350> A550 and now A77. After playing with my A77 for 2 days. Here are some of my 1st impression! I know most of you know all the good stuff about A77(and I do too)...so I think I better voice out some points for improvments, and I hope Sony can improve some of them in their next firmware update!

1. I tired out the video function (cos' it's new to me), Unfortunately, if you wanna use Aperture, Shutter Priority or Manual exposure for video, you need to use Manual Focus! How disappointed! One of the reason I bought the kit is I wanna use Aperture priority to shoot shallow DoF videos with AF! Even my Olympus EPL2 can do that!

2. Image IQ is great in low ISO...and high ISO...maybe just as good as my A550...but not any better. Another disappointment.

3.Start up time (the time I switch it on until I can take a photo) is some what slower than my A550. About 0.5 sec I guess.

4. Live Recording information display in both of the LCD and EVF- here are the 4 options: Display info with AF points, No disp info with AF points, disgal level gauge with AF points, Histogram only.
Why there isn't an option for All info display + Level gauge+ histogram?!

ok..I'm sort of busy, will tell you guys more soon.

wilf's gear list:wilf's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-ZR300 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow