Started Sep 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
filmrescue
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
Anyone know a good home recipe screen cleaner
Sep 25, 2011

I made the mistake of using Windex to clean my laptop screen which after about 3 year significantly damaged whatever anti glare coating they had put on the screen. Not a total disaster but it was a bit ugly at the wrong angle.

After this I went out and bought a bottle of "Monster" screen cleaner which I can tell no difference at all between it and a slightly dampened cloth. In fact I wonder if it's distilled water in the bottle for as little difference as I can tell. It's streaky and requires multiple applications to do a single screen cleaning. I wonder if the brand name "Monster" stands for Monstrously expensive and monstrously unnecessary. I've cursed them many times for what they did to the price of simple audio cables that were just fine as they were.

Anyway...I'm on a rant now...any good and safe home remedies for LCD computer screen cleaning out there? I wonder about distilled water with a small amount of vinegar.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow