Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,265Gear list
Like?
Truly ruly
In reply to Deleted1929, Sep 24, 2011

sjgcit wrote:

It's not rude, but it's awfully inconvenient for you. Make sure you have a car boot to store it in when you want to party/eat/mix/dance or perhaps put it in a hotel room, Nice to have one for the ceremony and the semi-formal parts of the event, but in the way otherwise.

Dead on. I wouldn't dream of it. When we went to my niece's wedding last month, I brought a Canon P&S (And was happy with the results, too. Those things are annoyingly good.). No way would I carry all that SLR lumber around for free. That's the wedding photographer's job and he's getting paid for it.

Don't get in the pro's way. Someone is paying for this and it's just making it difficult for them to get good shots.

And don't tell the pro your camera is better than theirs - being hit by a pro grade camera body will hurt an awful lot.

Depends on whether he takes a big backswing or not...

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow