click noise..., how about burst buffer/speed priority continous?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
piticoto
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
click noise..., how about burst buffer/speed priority continous?
Sep 24, 2011

The Nex -5N I have takes only 4 JPEG only (no RAW) shots at 10 fps in Speed Priority Cont. mode, with a SanDisk Extreme Pro 45 Mbps memory card, then it slows down to 2.5 fps. I reduced the image size to 3.4 Mp and it didn't help. I checked the writing speed on the memory card and it is around 19 Mbps, probably limited by my computer. I put a cheap memory card from work, that doesn't even have the class number showed on it and it didn't make a difference, still 4 JPEG shots at 10 fps. Sony web site shows "Burst Buffer : JPEG (Fine: 10 shots, Standard: 10 shots), RAW (6 shots), RAW+JPEG (4 shots)". I called Sony, and they still want me to verify the memory card, test the camera with another memory card. Unfortunately Sony store near by me closed the doors few months ago. I can't go to Best Buy or other store selling cameras and ask to test a memory card in my camera if I didn't buy from them. I didn't have a problem from the memory card being to slow video recording at 1080 60p.
Anyone else has a problem like this?
Thank you

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow