Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jon Rty
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,838
Like?
Re: Bizzare decision, if that is true.
In reply to Jorginho, Sep 24, 2011

Well, I agree about the fact that it's good to wait for reviews. But the thing is, Panasonic isn't really up to the speed of other manufacturers, and I'd wait for reviews before I'd make any judgement about how the 1 series compares to the rest.

http://bit.ly/qYSAdV

Jorginho wrote:

The size is very important yes. M43s of 2008 (G1) indeed performed very similar to APS-c of 2005, not much better at all and may be even slightly worse.

From what I have seen, my G1 seems to be performing slightly better than the Nikons, but it is really early days. The G3 and the GH2 are not 3 years old, but 1 year or so. G3 is a lot cheaper than the Nikons while I think they are at least 1 stop better. My GH2 ISO 12800 in JPEG is on par with this Nikon at ISO6400 it seems. At lower ISO, surprisingly, at least in JPEG the IQ of the m43s seems actually distance themselves (I read this could be because of BSI of the Nikon).

Without any reviews I too think it is way way too soon to sell a GH2, NX, NEX or any other mirrorless cam already.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LieNew
SoldNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow