Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,686Gear list
Like?
Re: Bizzare decision, if that is true.
In reply to Jon Rty, Sep 24, 2011

Jon Rty wrote:

Interesting. The Nikon 1 is smaller. It uses a much newer sensor than most of the m43. It has much, much higher data-readout. It has much, much more advanced, groundbreaking AF. Thanks to this, it has full AF-S legacy support. It has a magnesium frame instead of polycarbonate. It has more direct controls than most Panasonics and Olympuses. What did I miss?

You are right in everything apart from the last point.

Four of the six latest µFT offerings have got more to far more direct controls than the new Nikons. Nonetheless, I think the V1 is one hell of an interesting camera and if the reviews confirm that the C-AF works as it is claimed, this is the breakthrough that will mean - on the mid term - the end for the anachronistic mirror.

I truly could imagine buying a V1 or its successor when the faster lenses are available.
--

Why not - if there's enough space on the sofa...

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LieNew
SoldNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow