How important is video to you in a still camera ?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BGE
BGE
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
How important is video to you in a still camera ?
Sep 24, 2011

Do any of you really use the video enough in a still camera to make it a deciding factor in a purchase? Personally , I would forego any video for a simple tunnel VF on any of these lcd only compacts. In 12 yrs of using digital cameras , I have only used the video once just to see how it works. Would it lower the price on cameras like the 90/95/100 which is almost outrageous for a compact "disposable" camera.

I dont mean its disposable because its trash--on the contrary ---- I mean its disposable because we dont expect a digital camera these days to actually last for 25 yrs or better like the old film counterparts. They are usually obsolete in a short time if they don't crap out on you early or be discontinued. The technology is changing so rapidly that your S90 will be on the cheapo table at yard sales in another couple of years like some old Kodak instamatic . Of course- I realize some of you are camera collectors .

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow