Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
G Davidson
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?
Re: why not a medium sized camera?
In reply to jpvann, Sep 24, 2011

I too am strongly considering the V1, if not to replace a M 4/3 camera, instead of one anyway. Having a built in EVF is one of my requirements over a compact and the image processing looks excellent, making up for any problems in the lens or sensor size. In fact, it has opened my mind to the fact that digital cameras are steadily getting more dependant on electronics and overcoming supposed optical limitations. Panasonic did great things here with their lens corrections and now Nikon and others are following them.

As well as the AF (which I've tried and works wonders), Nikon has their own processing. This could well make up for the smaller sensor and also the co ours will be more similar to what I get from my Nikon DSLRs. That's right- the different look I get from my LX5 is out of harmony with the shots from my Nikon. It could be that this CX mount will let me have a compact Nikon giving me photos with a similar quality, something I've never had before. I'm personally waiting for a price drop and some reviews, though...
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pefectfutures/

G Davidson's gear list:G Davidson's gear list
Nikon D610
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LieNew
SoldNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow