Poll: would you buy a Nikon FM Digital - an FM-D?

Started Sep 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Antoine Palade
Contributing MemberPosts: 589
Like?
Poll: would you buy a Nikon FM Digital - an FM-D?
Sep 23, 2011

Imagine if Nikon had released, or would release, a Nikon FM, but digital.

With prism, mirror, full frame sensor, 3 inch 900k lcd at the back, controls on the top plate for shutter and aperture, split-screen focusing - basically same as the old FM, in metal, but in digital version, and with a few modern add-ons, such as the usual buttons for metering, Ev compensation, ISO. No video, though.

Wouldn't that be a great camera? Would you buy it, and maybe continue investing in Nikon lenses, or even be drawn to Nikon from another system? I would. I had the D700 and I am drawn to full-frame, but it was way too big for me, let alone a D3... A Nikon FM-D would suit me ideally. What about you?...

That is what Nikon, maybe, should have come out with instead of the expected mirrorless V1/J1 offerings. Imagine again: People expected mirrorless? BAM!... No...we give you the Best: a full-frame FM-D! How's that for a surprise? This might have reinforced Nikon's image upwards, and might have build capital expressed in terms of excellence in photographic equipment, which would permeate to the lower-end of the market afterwards. What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow