Why would I get V1/J1 over a good P&S ?

Started Sep 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
oeoek
Regular MemberPosts: 414Gear list
Like?
Re: Why would I get V1/J1 over a good P&S ?
In reply to harold1968, Sep 23, 2011

Most people are comparing the Nikon one camera's to M43 and other mirrorless camera's. I think those systems are designed as replacement for DSLR's. And clearly, the J/V1 are no replacement for that.

I can only speak for myself, but I have been looking at the P7100 and the G12 as a possible daily companion. I now use an S95, and while I love to carry it with me, I hate using it because of its controls and size. As for IQ, The small sensor preforms miracles as far as I am concerned; it is almost good enough...

I think the V1 might very well be a better choice over de P7100 or G12. A slightly larger sensor with slightly better high Iso, a fast AF system and enough camera to get a grip looks good. Being able to choose between a small pancake or a bigger zoom, with an additional long zoom in the bag is nice as well.

Sadly, for now it lacks the controls I would prefer. And until the V1 gets available, we have to wait for conformation on IQ and speed. But I am keeping my eye on these.

oeoek's gear list:oeoek's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow