ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sniper5
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
M8 or NEX 7?
Sep 23, 2011

Hi

I am very tempted to buy a Sony NEX 7. Specs look very good and compared to a second hand M8 it is cheaper (body around 400 Euro cheaper).

NEX 7 has a crop factor of 1.5, M8 has crop factor of 1.33. But NEX 7 has 24MP (with newest sensor technology) compared to 10MP of the M8 with old technology.

Now I am looking for arguments to buy nevertheless a used M8

I like of course the viewfinder of an M8 better than of the NEX7. But what kind of arguments can you give me, to buy the more expensive M8? I could start with cheaper lenses on teh NEX 7 immediately. I have Contax G lenses and Zeiss ZF lenses. And Sony Alpha Zeiss lenses. And a Fuji X100. But no Leica M-lenses at all.

Of course I would prefer fullframe, but this is out of my range financially.

I looked at comparison shots of M9 vs. Sony NEX 5N. There was not really a BIG difference. If the Price M9 vs. NEX 7 would be the same, I would take the M) because of fullframe and the viewfinder. But this is not an option.

But to put the results into a relation: How big is the image quality difference between leica M8 and M9?

Help me with your arguments to spend more money for a M8 and to convince my minister of finance

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow