Nikon has Sony on cross-hair

Started Sep 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,057Gear list
Like?
I'm from Taiwan, NIKON is very WEAK among Chinese,Taiwanese buyers
In reply to nofumble, Sep 23, 2011

I'm Taiwanese American and travel there extensively. I can tell you that Sony is really STRONG and VERY POPULAR in Taiwan . The prestige of owning a genuine Japanese SONY product is overwhelming for the locals. SONY products easily commend 20-25% premium over other brands. Canon is still the #1 here in term of DSLR, but Sony is probably the #1 in point/shoot here, fellow by canon and Panasonic point/shoot.

Nikon product doesn't enjoy the same prestige here in Taiwan as it does in USA. Nikon's point/shoot is a disaster and Nikon advertising is weak here as well. Let me put it this way, I saw more locals shooting with Sony A350, A380, A400 (Taiwan only), A33/A55 SLT than I do any Nikon DSLR. Canon and Sony DSLR dominate in this region. In point/shoot, its a 3 way tied between Sony, Canon, and Panasonic.

Both Sony NEX and Olympus Pen and Panasonic GF series sell very well over here. Nikon V1/J1 is too expensive and too late to enter this market.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow