Started Sep 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
Is there a mass bale-out on X100's?
Sep 23, 2011

I am still a bit crappy that my X100 developed the dreaded shutter problem, right about when I am ready to head off to Vietnam for holidays. I won't bore you with repetition, or all of the gory details, because I ranted on about that in another thread on here and the lack of Fuji Australia service. Means I will have to take a defective X100 to Vietnam next week, shoot everything on f2 or f2.8, and then send it in for repairs when I return in October. Anyhow, I digress.

What I did notice though, I was looking for another item on 'Fleabay' Australia and noticed quite a large number of second-hand X100's up for sale. It seemed a disproportionally large number for the population of Australia and the amount of months since its release. In comparison, there was not one second-hand D700 for sale - and these have been around for a long while now.

They all gave the usual lame excuses, like selling to fund a new purchase etc, but I am suspicious. For such a new camera with such a huge amount of hype when it was first released, are people becoming disillusioned now that the honeymoon period has worn off? If they are so great and the results so mind-blowing (as we have been lead to believe), why so many up for sale?

I am not starting a slagging thread, so please no vitriol pointed in my direction. I genuinely love this camera and for me (as a companion to my D700 brick), it is definitely a keeper. I am sure the sour taste in my mouth will sweeten, when I return from my trip and Fuji fix it for me. However, I am genuinely wondering if anybody else has noticed a trend of disillusioned buyers baling out to move on to greener pastures?

Sutto

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow