C&Cs Requested

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Mike Wee
Contributing MemberPosts: 657Gear list
Like?
Re: C&Cs Requested
In reply to ChetRoi, Sep 22, 2011

This opinion is actualy present in a couple of the suggestions you already received. But I will put it a different way.

There are artistic shots and historical shots. This one is historical . 200 years from now some historian will appreciate the wide angle view of the plazza showing the monument, the buildings, the trees, what 10 or 20 people were doing, the state of the paver stones, etc.

In most artistic shots there are very few subjects. Which is one of the reasons blurred backgrounds are pleasing to the eye.

In my opinion I would have cropped a lot of the pavement out, the trees and the foreground people, and left the monument at the 1/3 mark with the secondary subject being the guy looking at it and the buildings/sky providing background.

I struggle with that when I take pics of my kids. There is usually a number of things behind them which clutter the picture. The picture is important because it will show them exactly what their room looked like. But it sure doesn't look artistic.

-- hide signature --

Ex-Tee-Eye * Fifty mm 1,8 * Seventeen-Eightyfive mm 4,0-5,6
En-Ee-Ex-5 * Sixteen mm 2,8 * Eighteen-Fiftyfive mm 3,5-5,6
Voigtlander ThirtyFive mm 1,4

Mike Wee's gear list:Mike Wee's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 400D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow