Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,646Gear list
Like?
Got a WORKING Oly DSLR for 99P
Sep 22, 2011

I Got an Oly DSLR for 99P off E-Bay - Honest !! . OK, it's not exactly an E10 let alone an E1 or E3 but I had to give it a go for that price ......

It's the C1000L, Oly's First DSLR - no Live view, limited to 8Mb SM cards (Lucky I had one in the box with my EZI as it won't take anything bigger) no control bar Macro and spot metering , the lens covers a bizarre 50 to 150mm because the lens was shared with the C1400L which used a 2/3" sensor to give 38 wide and the C1000 has a 1:1.8" CCD so it's "Cropped" . the C1000 thankfully gets close so it's good for portraits and macros ..

Full rez is 1024X768 (and people are bemoaning the 12Mp of the E5) and new it cost more than an E30 Kit - the 1400L cost more than an E3. One laugh is that the Viewfinder view is bigger than the E400 & E500 series and the AF is pretty fast.

Not the most resolute Oly camera in the world but it pre-dates this forum (which was created for the E10 originally) and is a TRUE DSLR

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow